Monday, December 3, 2012

Synonyms, Antonyms and Homonyms

Synonyms, Antonyms and Homonyms are things that I've always had challenges finding good activities for.  This year I've got more students with goals for these tricky things than ever before so I set forth to create something that I will use.

My synonyms, antonyms and homonyms packet grew and grew as I worked on it.  I ended up with a massive 80 page document that should keep my students and me occupied for some time.

Grab it in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.

2 levels of Synonyms
- 27 synonyms at each level
3 Levels of Antonyms
- 27 Antonyms at each level.
3 Levels of Homonyms
- Level one has two groups of 21 pairs.
- Level two has 12 sets of triplet homonyms

I edited the original download to include a "monster cheat sheet" to show which monster is pictured at which level.  Each level has a single monster picture on the card to prevent mixing of the different levels, or to allow for re-sorting when we mix them on purpose.
Synonyms
 The Synonyms have two levels.  They are loosely divided by the vocabulary level of the words included.  Each level has a total of 27 word pairs on 54 cards.
Synonyms Level One
Synonyms Level Two
Antonyms
Antonyms are divided into three levels loosely by vocabulary level.  Each level has 27 word pairs on 54 cards.
Antonyms Level One
Antonyms Level Two
Antonyms Level Three

Homonyms
Homonyms are divided two levels.  Level one has two levels of double homonyms with 21 word pairs on 42 cards and sentence strips.  Level two has 12 triplet homonyms on 36 cards and included sentence strips.   Homonyms were not divided according to vocabulary level.

Homonyms Level One, group one pictures

Homonyms Level One, group one sentence

Homonyms Level One, group two pictures

Homonyms Level One, group two sentences
Homonyms Level Two, pictures and sentences

I put a lot of time and work into this one, so I hope you all like it as much as I do!

Grab the Synonyms, Antonyms and Homonyms packet in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store!

1 comment: