Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sorry for Asking Questions

This free material was inspired by a post at Sublime Speech.  I fell in love her her Sorry cards for Synonyms and Antonyms, and I have a particular student who is even more in love with the game Sorry.  Unfortunately Synonyms and Antonyms are not a good fit for his goals.  After a few minutes of thinking through his needs Sorry for Asking Questions was born.


The cards are meant to be played with the typical game of Sorry with kids using the prompts on the cards to ask each other questions throughout.

I'm always looking for more materials for asking questions and ways to make the speech activity itself into the game.  I am super excited to try this not only with the specific student I created it for but also with several other of my groups.  His best-ever therapy session was on Monday while playing Candy Land for Language as found on Speech Room News, and on some of the worst ever we went running outside (my room is really close to the door...).  I'm really hopeful that with some new creativity this year we can keep the good momentum flowing, especially since I enjoy happy smiling students!

Print and Laminate and Enjoy!  I'm unable to print in color on cards stock at work so I usually back my cards with construction paper to prevent "peeking."

The Google Doc is Here

Comment if you grab it and let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. My kiddos love Sorry too! Thanks for sharing :)

    allisonspeechpeeps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great!!! Found them after I saw your artic cards. I have students that I can use these with right away! Thank you so much for making them a freebie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Liz, your work is always precious!
    Maya, SLP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately Synonyms and Antonyms are not a good fit for his goals. After a few minutes of thinking through his needs Sorry for Asking Questions was born.speech recognition software

    ReplyDelete